Saturday 12 January 2008

Goodbye retirement... Hello Ipswich!

It feels like the last week and a half has flown past - shortly (and I mean literally minutes!) after having a small breakdown because I was jobless, my phone rang with a request for an interview for the one and only job I'd applied for - in Ipswich. Hooray - but what to wear?!

The next morning we woke up to the snow that had been promised, very pretty, but not really ideal conditions for driving a long way - luckily it wasn't too heavy... here's a pic from Rod & Lou's place:


Long story short, I got the job and started four days later... no mucking about for us!
My official title is Music Scheduler/Programme Assistant for Tindle Radio - it's a company that owns 12 or 13 radio stations around the country and I help out with the 6 in the East Anglia region - it's sort of similar to some of the office work I've done in the past, but on a bigger scale.
In the meantime we had to buy a car, find a house and make the 3 hour drive back to Ipswich from Sheffield - it doesn't rain but it pours, huh?

Car-wise, we spent a long day tyre-kicking and test driving, and eventually we picked up a 1L (yes, just 973 cubic centimetres of engine - about a quarter of the size of Mum & Dad's car!!) Vauxhall Corsa, which is exactly like a Holden Barina, only European... it's silver and very small, but seems to run on the smell of an oily rag and, most importantly, sits on 70 mph on the M1 with no problems... it needs a wash and then we can show you some photos... just have to wait for a day without rain... and an outside tap... and a hose... it could be a while, but at least silver doesn't show the dirt!

House-wise... on second thoughts, we don't have long enough to type that particular ordeal just now, but trust me, it might be one of the most epic tales ever told...
Till next time,
Kent & Eryn x

1 comment:

Malcolm at Work said...

Hi folks
Writing here in my short sleeves, so you know how hot that must mean it is.
More photos please. Does "here's a few" mean one or am I missing summat.Good one of snow in Rod's backyard - I thought the fence looked rather attractive.
Do miss dem trips to real historical places. Even Carolyn only fell over once on all our walks Eryn! - although it was rather spectacular!
Like Peter I'm looking forward to hearing about Kent's job too!
Ipswich in the news at present too. First trip to the Coast?? - go to Dunwich. Should think that'll be 'interesting' in the winter. Take all the coats Eryn.
Love Dad/ Malcolm